Thanks for visiting
PRODUCTION & WORSHIP DIRECTOR- YOSEMITE CHURCH (1500 -WEEKLY ATTENDANCE)
MERCED, CALIFORNIA. 2008-PRESENT
Oversight & management of 4 departments with 5 employees and 100+ volunteers in the Technical, Worship,
Communication and Creative Arts. Member of the church Pastoral Management and Director’s Team.
- Developed worship & spiritual strategic vision where none existed.
- Oversight of Worship Coordination, software systems (Planning Center Online, ProPresenter), volunteer
- Serving as lead worship pastor, overseeing 5 worship team leaders and 35 volunteer musicians and singers.
- Spent 20 hours/week preparing to lead 5-10 songs for 9 member worship band per week.
- Direct report and manager of Technical Arts Coordinator who is tasked with weekend production team/
systems oversight. These team/systems include media/graphics, video, lighting and audio engineering.
- Led 4 production team small groups open to all production and service volunteers for the purpose of
developing discipleship and increasing spiritual growth.
- Assessed production control room physical space and repurposed for more efficient use by adding storage,
workstations and cleaning up hardware and wiring systems, etc.
- Prepared and maintained annual production-related budgets and stayed under budget!
- Oversaw the development of formal system procedures for all technical areas.
- Trained non-production ministry volunteers to use on-campus equipment for small groups, Bible studies, events,
- Created master upgrade plan for moving from standard definition video output to high definition.
- Developed and maintained live broadcast, live video capture systems.
- Used live video capture system to create video content for the web and social media platforms, which included
weekly services, weekly video announcements and special video projects.
- Recruited and equipped volunteer team of live broadcast video switchers, post-production editors, camera
operators & audio-for-video sound engineers for weekly recordings.
- Trained volunteers on the use of Video Toaster and Final Cut Pro video & audio editing systems.
- Proposed, presented, approved, installed & managed lighting upgrade.
- Researched, developed and implemented plan for lighting upgrade.
- Searched out and acquired economical solutions to replace aging equipment.
- Organized and trained team of volunteer technicians to operate equipment according to service needs.
- Oversight of all stage and auditorium lighting for service elements, special events, classes & meetings.
- Upgraded audio system from analog to digital, implemented digital monitoring for all worship teams.
- Direct report and manager of Creative Arts Coordinator who is tasked with working with weekend
communicators to determine themed stage props and sermon illustrations.
- Recruited and led team of artists to create staging elements in lobbies and on-stage, throughout common areas
and in the community through designed posters, mailers, postcards, info cards, etc.
- Created and managed marketing and communications strategy, capitilzing on story-based messages through value propositions.
- increased social media presence, 200 likes to nearly 3000 in one year on Facebook alone.
- Selected, hired and managed communications team to implement web &
mobile platforms, social media, print and physical presence content (pop-ups, banners, flags, and logo’d items) according to comm strategy.
- Developed website concept- created & organized content and oversaw implementation and introduction of the
site for the church-at-large.
- Created, implemented and managed in-house communication protocols to improve efficiency of ministry, event
and promotional advertisements.
- Developed weekly video announcements for all services, creating efficient service flow and controlled content.
- Created quarterly magazine-style small group guide & ministry information publication with added articles and
special interest pieces.
- Created weekly pre and post-loop service announcement presentations for viewing in all common areas of the
- Developed countless printed materials such as business cards, tri-fold ministry brochures, weekend service
programs & more for the purpose of ministry marketing.
Service flow and experience architecture
- Recruited, trained and managed a team of volunteer weekend service producers to direct the operation of
each of five weekend services.
- Produced distraction-free worship services.
- Worked with facilities director and team to implement improved traffic flow in main lobby area, improved audio,
signage and common-area lighting.
Church oversight & management team
- Oversaw $150,000 worship center remodel.
- Helped develop comprehensive and cohesive system for in-house communication.
- Developed visual representation of spiritual growth continuum for church-wide printings and Bible-study use.
- Helped to create “The Journey”, a spiritual-growth based Bible-study program for all church members.
- Redesigned, helped repurpose and publish YC’s “Discipleship Devotional”.
- Helped develop concept and strategy for multi-site ministry opportunities.
- Oversaw all production-related aspects of the launch of 2nd campus.
- Rewrote and designed the church’s “Common Purpose” materials.
- Developed production funeral team to provide multimedia support for funeral services.
CHURCH DEVELOPMENT LEADER (INTERN), ELEVATE CHURCH (200 TOTAL ATTENDANCE);
HILO HAWAII- 2004-2007
- Provided leadership in the development of a new church plant as well as operational planning.
- Assisted in directing the start-up development and strategic planning for the foundation of the church plant.
- Managed and directed a creative team in implementing development timeline.
- Ministered to the un-churched, youth and college students.
- Organized and executed community events.
- Led small group.
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION MEDIA (VOLUNTEER STAFF), SANDALS CHURCH (3000 -
ATTENDANCE); RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA- 2001-2004
- Oversaw and managed creative design team and served as small group leader.
- Led and managed all creative design for emerging church in a major metropolitan city.
- Managed a team of media technicians in the implementation of multi-media presentations.
- Led multiple small groups.
- Participated in intense leader training seminars and annual accountability boot camp.
Other Notable Experience
OWNER/CEO TWOBEARDS.BIZ; MERCED CALIFORNIA- 2014-PRESENT
- Co-founder of Twobeards.biz, an online retail establishment specializing in gifts for men.
- Developed, designed and marketed 5 unique products for the men’s beard oil market.
- Developing additional product offerings for men’s hygiene and body care markets.
PROJECT MANAGER, ON TARGET MARKETING; MERCED CALIFORNIA- 2007-2008
- Providing management of advertising and marketing projects.
- Managed multiple advertising projects at one time from meeting with clients to determine their needs to implementing
the finished project into appropriate media channels (i.e. newspaper, television, radio, etc.).
- New business development within the community and county of Merced.
- Learned advertising software called Clients and Profits to help streamline internal production.
LANGUAGE ARTS/GRAPHIC DESIGN/FILM TEACHER, CHRISTIAN LIBERTY ACADEMY; KEA’AU
- Led 9th and 10th grade high school students in multiple educational course studies.
- Instructed over 200 students in multiple subject areas.
- Taught three subjects to over 200 students, which included implementing management skills to inspire and educate
- Adapted two short stories into short films with student assistance and input.
- Created and led student leaders in developing multimedia teams in art, design, drama, film/video, etc.
MARKETING & STRATEGIC PLANNING PARTNER, DEFINED BOARD COMPANY; KEA’AU HAWAII-
- Provided executive leadership in marketing and operational planning for start-up long-board skateboard/sporting good
- Directed start-up business development and strategic marketing in multiple distribution channels that included local,
national, and web applications.
- Managed and directed creative team in new product development and advertising campaigns that included short film
spots for targeted demographics.
- Advanced brand awareness and image perception in multiple regional markets.
- Organized and executed public relations events.
- Established marketing and sales objectives, and prepared company sales forecasts. Reported to CEO.
LANGUAGE ARTS/GRAPHIC DESIGN/FILM/JOURNALISM TEACHER, HAILI CHRISTIAN
ACADEMY; HILO HAWAII- 2004-2005
- Taught 9th through 12th grades in multiple subject areas.
- Instructed all high school grades in English literature and language arts.
- Led extra-curricular activities, sports programs, newspaper, art classes, etc.
COPY/EDITORIAL WRITER, GRAPHIC DESIGNER (FREELANCE), CONSTRUCTION MARKETING
SERVICES; RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA- 2002-2004
- Wrote editorial content for monthly trade magazines and assisted in creative representation of the publication and all
- Handled a majority of copy and editorial writing for three national trade magazines.
- Provided graphic consultation and design for advertising and marketing materials.
COPY EDITOR, ADVERTISING REPRESENTATIVE, METROPOLITAN NEWS COMPANY; LOS
ANGELES, CALIFORNIA- 2001-2002
- Wrote and organized content for two weekly regional newspapers.
- Managed regional advertising sales for both papers.
- Increased paper subscription and distribution by 30% through sales contacts.
LANGUAGE ARTS/COMMUNICATION ARTS TEACHER, RIVERSIDE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL;
RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA- 2000-2001
- English Chair/ Educator
- Instructed 6 English language subjects independently.
- Managed over 300 students in four separate grade levels.
- Lead classes in communication arts, which included drama, art & design.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT, MANIFESTO FILMS INTERNATIONAL; HOLLYWOOD CALIFORNIA-
- Assisted producer in production office and on movie sets.
- Assisted casting director in organizational development of talent for major motion picture.
- Marketed production in local communities for proposed independent film.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT, FOCUS ON THE FAMILY INSTITUTE; COLORADO SPRINGS
- Assisted in various video editing projects and organizational tasks in the media, film & radio department.
- One of 40 students to be chosen from hundreds of qualified applicants to participate in the program.
- Developed, wrote & directed independent film project for use in future class recruiting.
- Performed pre & post-production operations for print, film, audio and other media campaigns and series such as “McGee
& Me”, & “Adventures in Odyssey.”
California Baptist University (Graduated 2009) Riverside, California
Master of Business Administration (MBA)- Dr. Robert K. Jabs School of Business
• Management & entrepreneurial track
• Project in virtual corporate management and business development.
California Baptist University (Graduated 1999) Riverside, California
Bachelor of Fine Arts Ministry (B.F.A.)- Communication & Visual Arts
• 3.9 GPA
• Studies included emphasis upon intercultural communication, fine art, music theory in the church, drama, public
relations, photography, oral communication, journalism, copy editing & writing.
• Minor in English
LOS ANGELES FILM STUDIES CENTER (LAFSC), (1999)
FOCUS ON THE FAMILY INSTITUTE (FFI), (Spring, 1998)
SOCIAL MEDIA CHURCH LABS, (2016)
CENTER FOR CHURCH COMMUNICATIONS (2015)